Dorset Council has launched a survey seeking the views of residents and businesses on their priorities for better bus services. However, funding is limited after the Council failed in a bid for government cash earlier this year.
Dorset Council's Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) will be refreshed annually, and has the the key aims to improve public transport in Dorset by:
- Promoting better use of the existing network
- Introducing simpler and better value fares
- Providing an easier to understand ticketing system
- Providing better connections within the existing transport network
- Improving journey times
- Exploring alternatives to traditional bus services to enlarge the current network
The survey can be completed at https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/bus-survey by midnight on September 11.
Printed copies are also available from Dorset Council Customer Access Points or you can contact Dorset Council Customer Services on 01305 221000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments, suggestions, and ideas can also be emailed to email@example.com